Bloated Stomach Remedies
Sunday, 9 February 2020 | Admin
10 Quick Bloated Stomach Remedies
The waistband on your trousers won’t do up and your stomach is puffy, hard and uncomfortable.
Does this sound familiar?
Many of us have experienced the uncomfortable feeling of being bloated at some time or other. It’s usually at some really inconvenient time, just before an important interview or that party you’ve been waiting for ages to go to.
Don’t worry! Here are Vitality Rock’s ten top tips to get rid of a bloated stomach.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of raw, organic apple cider vinegar into half a tumbler of water. In just about 30 minutes you should start to feel less bloated. The vinegar stimulates hydrochloric acid and helps break down food in the stomach.
- Chew some fresh parsley. It’s an all-natural diuretic.
- Eat a banana or other potassium rich food such as tomato, spinach or chard. These counteract the effects of salt in the body which can cause bloating.
- Eat a small pot of no sugar bio-yoghurt which can calm a bloated stomach and improve the digestive process.
- Have a cup of dandelion or peppermint tea which are known for their digestive properties.
- Drink a bottle of pure, filtered water slowly, sipping it over 30 minutes. Add a slice of lemon which stimulates hydrochloric acid and breakdown of food.
- Nibble on a slice of root ginger. This promotes a healthy digestive process by stimulating metabolism.
- Eat a small pinch of caraway seeds or make an infusion with a teaspoon in 12 fl oz of boiling water. Strain, cool and drink with a little added honey if needed.
- Go for a brisk 10 minute walk which stimulates metabolism and helps release trapped air.
- Taking a high strength probiotic can help boost your natural gut flora and aid digestion.